Applications for CTE Program Approval
Initial applications for new programs seeking implementation for the 2025-26 school year: must be submitted no later than October 1, 2024 if programs wish to gain approval for the 2025-26 school year.
Re-approval applications for programs expiring June 30, 2024: To prevent a lapse in program approval, a complete re-approval application must be submitted by June 30, 2024. Lapsed programs will be removed from the NYSED-approved list. These programs are not considered to be active and therefore not eligible to award the 4+1 CTE pathway, integrated/specialized academic credit, and the technical endorsement beyond the 2023-24 school year.
Amendments: Any changes to a NYSED-approved CTE program (e.g. program content, technical assessment, program faculty, etc.) must be requested and approved through an amendment form prior to the change being implemented in the program of study. Amendments can be filed at any point during the five-year approval period.
Initial approval and re-approval applications both contain a Part 1 and Part 2. Please be sure to complete and submit both parts of the application with your application materials.
Submission Guidelines for Approvals and Re-approvals
- A two-part application must be filed for each CTE program seeking approval or re-approval.
- Applications will not be reviewed unless all information is provided and the appropriate official(s) has signed it.
- The New York State Education Department will complete a technical and programmatic review of all applications to issue program approval. Programs that have been previously approved and are seeking re-approval must maintain current NYSED approval to continue to award the 4+1 CTE pathway, integrated/specialized credits, and the technical endorsement.
- Submission requirements
- An electronic version of the complete application, inclusive of all supporting documents and materials, must be electronically submitted. Part 1 of the application must be sent as a Microsoft Word document. Part 2 of the application (detail form) and all supporting documents must be sent in PDF format as a single scan. E-mail the application to: email@example.com.
- Part 1 of the application with original signature(s) must be mailed to:
CTE Program Approval
New York State Education Department
Office of Career and Technical Education
89 Washington Avenue, Room 315 EB
Albany, New York 12234
Questions regarding the CTE program approval or re-approval application may be directed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 518-486-1547.