The New York State Board of Regents approved regulations establishing multiple, comparably rigorous assessment pathways to graduation for all students. Multiple pathways recognize the importance of engaging students in rigorous and relevant academic programs. The recently approved regulations recognize students’ interests in the Arts, Biliteracy, Career/Technical Education, Humanities and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) by allowing an approved pathway assessment to meet the students’ graduation requirements.
Additional information may be obtained in the Multiple Pathways Frequently Asked Questions.
Questions & Information
Please contact email@example.com
Links for Information
- Five World Languages Assessments Approved for 4+1 Pathway to Graduation-Memo (April 2018)
- Pathways to Graduation 4+1 Option Frequently Asked Questions (February 2018)
- 4+CDOS Pathway to Graduation
- CDOS Questions and Answers (updated Sept 2018)
- Field Memo: Multiple Pathways to Graduation 4+1 Option (April 2015)
- Board of Regents Item, Proposed Amendments to Sections 100.2 and 100.5 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to Pathways to Graduation (January 2015)
- Presentation to the Board of Regents (October 2014)
- Multiple Pathways Press Conference (October 2014)
- New York State General Education & Diploma Requirements
Approved Assessments for the 4 + 1 Option
Approved Technical Assessments include all assessments approved as a component of the NYSED approval process for CTE programs.
Application Process for Consideration of Pathway Assessments
The New York State Education Department is currently accepting Applications for Pathways (i.e., “+1 option”) assessments in Languages Other Than English (LOTE), and the Arts. See the Application Process for Assessment Review