Health Sciences Resources
- New York State Office of Teaching Initiatives (Teacher Certification) Provides an online search of certification requirements
- New York State Office of the Professions The Office of the Professions oversees the preparation, licensure, and practice of the professions.
- Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) The Area Health Education Center system works with schools to increase the number of students pursuing programs and careers in the health care field. The statewide office is located in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Buffalo, State University of New York. Teachers from many areas have already benefited from collaboration with their local AHEC.
- Center for Health Workforce Studies (CHWS) CHWS is a not-for-profit research organization that conducts studies of the supply, demand, use, and education of the health workforce; collects and analyzes data to understand workforce dynamics and trends; informs public policies, the health and education sectors, and the public; and is one of six regional centers devoted to health workforce studies with a cooperative agreement with HRSA/Bureau of Health Professions.
- Equipment and Facilities Guide