Health Sciences Professional Organizations
Health sciences educators interested in networking with other career and technical education professionals can visit these links to learn more about opportunities for professional involvement.
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Their mission is to provide educational leadership in developing a competitive workforce. ACTE strives to empower educators to deliver high quality CTE programs that ensure all students are positioned for career success.
- National Consortium for Health Science Education (NCHSE) A national partnership of health sciences state leaders, organizations, publishers, and resource providers interested providing quality education to foster creative and innovative leadership for ensuring a well-prepared health workforce.
- New York Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the health sciences education instructional program.
- New York State Association of SkillsUSA The New York Association of SkillsUSA is a career technical student organization serving students in high school and college post-secondary. They are affiliated nationally with SkillsUSA and are a partnership of students, teachers and industry partners working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA's mission is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible citizens.
- New York State Health Sciences Educators Association (NYSHSEA) Healthcare professionals and health sciences educators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of their students.