Forms & Checklists
State Smart Growth Public Infrastructure Impact Statement - New requirement for ALL capital construction projects.
Find the form in our final submission forms workbook, or download the State Smart Growth Impact Statement Form.
New SHPO rules for reconstruction projects, see the section on final plans submissions, below.
Special Note for ARRA Funded Projects
There is an audit finding relative to the buy American clause when dealing with ARRA funding. We must ensure that if a district capital project is being partially or totally funded with ARRA funds, the buy American provisions are included in the specifications prior to approval.
Notes on Paperwork for Project Submissions
- When submitting a project for submission, please take special care to make sure that all forms are properly collated in the order listed on the Checklist for Application for Building Permit form (FP-CL).
- Please staple multipage forms. We receive a large number of submissions with a stack of loose papers clipped together. The staff here must then collate and staple the forms, a daunting task with large submissions.
- Only submit ONE COPY of paperwork, plans, and specifications per submission.
- FP-AU (Request for Approval of Use of a Facility). Download the FP-AU Excel File or FP-AU PDF File.
- Instructional Technology Planning Guidelines
- International Building Code
- Letter of Intent for Capital Construction Projects (Article)
- Letter of Intent Forms Workbook
- SED Numbers and What They Mean
- NYS Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation Project Review Form
- State Building Aid Guidelines
- Building Aid Unit Calculator
- Form A for BOCES projects - Excel
- Form A for BOCES projects - PDF
- Preliminary Submission Forms Workbook
- Facilities Needs Assessment Summary Simplifies Long-Range Plan Requirement
- School Sites Reference Guide, School Site Variance (document), and Application for Examination and Approval of a School Site (EFP-S)
- Final Submission Forms Workbook
- Final Submission Forms Workbook Guidance
- New SHPO rules for reconstruction projects
- Face to Face Review Requests
- Approval of Final Plans and Specifications, Submission Documents & Funding
- Certification of Final Building Plans
- 155.5 Checklist of items to appear in contract documents
- Electronic Reviews:
- Third-Party Certification for Energy Performance Contract (EPC) Projects
- Required in New Projects: Floodplain Info
- Requirements for the Installation or Relocation of Manufactured Buildings
- Instructional Space Review Form
- Partial Certification of Substantial Completion - Excel
- Final Certification of Substantial Completion - Excel
- Change Order Status Now Online
- Change Orders: Note that if certification is not stapled to the BACK of the change order, it (they) will be returned to your office!
- SED Change Order Certification: All parts of this certification must be filled out without exception. Do NOT send Change Orders and Certifications separately. They MUST be sent together. Certification MUST be attached to the back of a change order or will be subject to return! Starting September 1, 2002, all change orders received at SED without this form, or without it filled out entirely or not attached to the back of the change order, will be returned to the sender.
- SED Change Order Certification in Excel Format
- SED Change Order Certification in fillable PDF format
- Guidelines for Successful Supervision of School District Capital Construction Projects
- School Responsibilities (Under 155.5)
- Capital Project Summary of Inspection Form
- Capital Project Inspection Report Form
- For projects approved 07/01/2011 or later, the following form may be used to request that building aid begin in advance of district submission of the Final Certificate of Substantial Completion (CSC) and/or Final Building Project Report (FCR), but at no time prior to 18 months after a Commissioner's approval date of July 1, 2011, or submission of an SA-139, whichever is later.
- Application for Apportionment
- Final Building Project Report
- FP-FI (2012 version)
- Extraordinary School Capital Needs Program Aid - Note: MMRA has been rolled into Flex Aid for '05-'06, hence no form is available this year.
- Security Camera Aid Claim Form - Please use Sam's system for claims
- New State Aid Form for Metal Detectors
- Reorganization list by district