Skip to main content

Employment of Minors (Working Papers)

School districts in New York State are responsible for issuing employment certificates and permits to qualified applicants. This is not a function of the State Education Department. The information presented here, is intended to assist students, parents, school officials who issue the appropriate cards or booklets to students and perspective employers. It outlines the responsibility of each group as it applies to the issuance of working permits and certificates. Also included are; the forms necessary for applying for the permit, certificates or physical fitness forms, vendor information for printing or ordering permits or certificates, and the laws and regulations that surrounds employment of minors.

Minors may apply for certificates where they live, where they go to school, or where they are to be employed.

Memos & Updates

NYSED Resources

Forms and Printing Standards

Department of Labor Resources