Smart Start Grant Program
The purpose of the Smart Start grant is to develop, implement, and share innovative programs that provide professional development and support to increase expertise in computer science, engineering, and/or educational technology among teachers in grades K-8.
$6,000,000 will be allocated annually. The grant period is anticipated to be five years, from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2025.
Smart Start programs (and component activities, materials, professional development resources, etc.) will support the mission of the NYS Board of Regents, which is to ensure that every child has equitable access to the highest quality educational opportunities, services and supports in schools that provide effective instruction aligned to the state’s standards, as well as positive learning environments so that each child is prepared for success in college, career, and citizenship.
Smart Start RFQ:
NYSED exercised its right to cancel the Smart Start RFQ, and will not be publishing a list of approved providers of professional development for the Smart Start program.
For additional details, see the 2020-2025 Smart Start Grant application.
- September 25: An informational webinar will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. It is strongly suggested that all interested applicants attend or listen to the recorded version that will be posted here by September 27th.
- No registration is required.
- On September 25th, join the live webinar here. The audio portion can be accessed at 844-633-8697 using code 803 358 049.
- October 8: Questions about the RFP are due by midnight. Send questions to email@example.com.
- October 22: Responses to all questions will be posted to the P-12 Funding Opportunities web page.
- November 5: Applicants should send a Notice of Intent to Participate (NOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org. An email message will suffice.
- November 19: Hard copies of the proposals must be postmarked by this date and also submitted electronically to email@example.com.