Funding Educational Technology
There are many mechanisms available to obtain funding for educational technology devices, infrastructure, and related services.
- Learning Technology Grants (LTG)
- Smart Schools Bond Act
- Smart Start Grant Program
- State Aid
- Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
The Office of Educational Design and Technology has created a funding matrix to help administrators compare the features of some of these funding mechanisms.
The Governor’s New NY Broadband program may be a source of funds for community and educational technology-related infrastructure.
Educational Technology Grants
Educational Technology Grants are available to districts and schools at both the Federal and State government levels.
Many corporate and foundation grant-funded opportunities for educational technology-related projects and programs are available to districts and schools in New York State.
Federal grant information:
- Information on federal grants of all types
- Federal grants through the U.S. Department of Education:
New York State grant information:
Corporate, foundation and other grants for educational technology:
- Many corporations, foundations, and other state and local non-profit entities offer grant monies for educational technology. Districts and schools may wish to conduct research on and apply for any such grants for which they qualify.