Closures of Degree-Granting Institutions
- ASA College (Potential Closure - No Current Educational Activity)
- ASA College’s accreditor, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education has announced that the institution has closed on February 24, 2023 and that its accreditation has ceased on March 1, 2023.
- The United States Department of Education also considers ASA College closed, effective February 24, 2023.
- The institution has not confirmed to NYSED that it intends to close, but there has been no educational activity at the institution since February 24, 2023.
- Because of its accreditation status and additional concerns, ASA College is under review for its capacity to continue to have degree-conferring authority in New York State.
- Additional information can be found at: http://www.nysed.gov/college-university-evaluation/asa-college-closure-i...
Recently Closed Institutions
- Medaille University (closed August 31, 2023)
- Additional information can be found at: https://www.nysed.gov/college-university-evaluation/medaille-university-closure-information
- Cazenovia College (closed June 30, 2023)
- Additional information can be found at: http://www.nysed.gov/college-university-evaluation/cazenovia-college-closure-information
- Concordia College (closed August 31, 2021)
- Information can be found at: http://concordia-ny.org/
- Christ the King Seminary (closed June 1, 2021)
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, 795 Main Street, Buffalo, New York 14203, 716-847-8700
- Christie's Education Inc. (closed December 2020)
- Sarah Buccarelli, Education Manager, (212) 355-1501, email@example.com
- College of New Rochelle (closed August 2019)
- Transcript information may be found at https://www.mercy.edu/office-student-services/transcript-requests
- Briarcliffe College (Bohemia) (closed December 2018)
- Globe Institute of Technology ("Globe") (closed September 15, 2016)
- Transcripts: The State Education Department is the temporary custodian of Globe’s student records. Please use the form located on our Transcript Requests and Academic Records page to request an official transcript.
- Dowling College (closed August 31, 2016)
- TAP and other New York financial aid programs are administered by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) contact HESC at https://www.hesc.ny.gov/contact-hesc.html
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid Website: Has Your School Closed? Here’s What to Do, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/closed-school
- Questions about U.S. Federal financial aid programs should be directed to the Federal Student Aid office:
- Federal Student Aid website: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/contact
- 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)