ASA College (Potential Closure - No Current Educational Activity)
ASA College’s former accreditor, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) announced that the institution closed on February 24, 2023, and that its accreditation ceased on March 1, 2023. The United States Department of Education (USDE) also considers ASA College closed as of February 24, 2023. Although the institution has not confirmed to NYSED that it intends to close, there has been no educational activity at the institution since February 24, 2023. Due to the loss of its accreditation with MSCHE and additional concerns, NYSED conducted a program review of ASA College’s capacity to continue to offer academic programs; as a result, all registered degree and certificate programs at New York campuses were discontinued as of December 22, 2023. Additionally, ASA College continues to be under review for its capacity to continue to have degree-conferring authority in New York State.
Former ASA College students are urged to pursue completion of their education at another institution. Below you will find information we believe will be helpful to former ASA College students and alumni. We will continue to update this webpage as more information becomes available. If you have questions or concerns about ASA College, please contact us at: ASAquestions@nysed.gov.
Students who attended a Florida location of ASA College should contact the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE) to obtain their transcript. Information about ordering a transcript is available on CIE’s website: https://web02.fldoe.org/CIE/Transcript/TranscriptRequest.aspx.
Students/alumni who attended a New York (Brooklyn, Manhattan) campus of ASA College should contact the New York State Education Department (NYSED) to request their official transcript. The following form must be used to request an ASA College (New York) official transcript (record): ASA College Transcript Request Form.
Completed transcript request forms will only be accepted if submitted in .PDF or .JPG formats. Forms submitted in any other format will be returned.
Please allow up to 14 business days to process the transcript request form. Due to the high volume of transcript requests, we cannot expedite the processing of a form nor respond to follow-up emails/messages regarding the status of a transcript request. We are fulfilling all transcript requests as quickly as possible, and we will notify requestors via email when transcript(s) are sent.
As per New York State law, colleges cannot withhold a student’s official transcript due to an unpaid balance or other debt owed to the institution.
ASA College entered into teach-out agreements with several institutions to provide pathways to graduation for former ASA students. Additionally, several other institutions are interested in accepting former ASA students as transfer students. Please see our ASA College Transfer Opportunities page for a list of colleges and programs: ASA College Transfer Opportunities.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) issued a statement regarding the announced closure of ASA College. You can review the statement on the website at: https://www.msche.org/2023/02/15/msche-statement-on-the-announced-closure-of-asa-college/.
MSCHE also has a Frequently Asked Questions page regarding ASA College: https://www.msche.org/institutions/asa-college-frequently-asked-questions-faq/
Additional information about actions MSCHE has taken regarding ASA College can be found here: https://www.msche.org/institution/0837/
- TAP and other New York financial aid programs are administered by the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) contact HESC at www.hesc.ny.gov/contact-hesc.html
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid Website: Has Your School Closed? Here’s What to Do, go to https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/closed-school
- Questions about U.S. Federal financial aid programs should be directed to the Federal Student Aid office:
- Federal Student Aid website: https://studentaid.gov/help-center/contact
- Telephone: 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243)
- An international student or any member of the public with a complaint, concern, or question can contact the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) Response Center as follows:
- Telephone: 703-603-3400 or 1-800-892-4829 for general and case-specific questions
- Email: email@example.com or for SEVIS technical questions, email SEVISHelpDesk@ice.dhs.gov
- SEVIS offices are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.* ET, except holidays.
- Website: Homepage | Study in the States (dhs.gov) and Contact Us | Study in the States (dhs.gov)