CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL Education Plan (CEEP)
2017-2018 CR Part 154 Reporting Requirements
All Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) in New York State must comply with Part 154-2 of the Commissioner’s Regulations (CR Part 154-2), which establishes standards for school districts having English Language Learners (ELLs)/Multilingual Learners (MLLs), to ensure that these students are provided opportunities to achieve the same educational goals and standards that have been established by the Board of Regents for all students. In accordance with CR Part 154-2, each school district shall provide ELLs/MLLs equal access to all school programs and services offered by the district, commensurate with the student’s age and grade level, including access to programs required for graduation.
Under CR Part 154-2, all LEAs are required to develop a Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan (CEEP) to meet the educational needs of ELLs/MLLs (CR Part 154.3[a]) and to submit an annual Data/Information Report as required under CR Part 154.3[a][f]. All LEAs must keep their completed CEEPs on file in the LEAs’ main office and make them available for review upon request by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
For the 2017-18 school year, all LEAs must submit a CEEP Update, which includes an assurances page and space for the LEA to describe any changes or additions to the CEEP that was submitted in November, 2016. The CEEP update is due to SED by Friday, December 1, 2017. For this update, LEAs do NOT need to submit a Data Report and Information Form.
The CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan Update is to be completed online via the SED Monitoring System which can be accessed through the NYSED Applications Business Portal. Most New York State LEAs are already registered and have access to the system. Please contact the SEDDAS Help Desk at SEDDAS@nysed.gov to resolve any questions related to user accounts, password resets, the SEDDAS application, and assistance with the Business Portal itself. Please see information below regarding accessing the survey*. When the survey becomes available, you will receive an email notification and it will automatically appear in your list of surveys after successfully logging into the SED Monitoring System. Instructions for completing the CEEP Update are available upon logging in to the portal and selecting the survey.
For NYCDOE, the CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan Update should be completed and sent to OBEWL via email at OBEWL@nysed.gov.
Starting in Spring, 2018 the CR Part 154 CEEP will be available in April and will be due to NYSED by July 31, 2018 and by July 31st of each year thereafter.
NYSED's Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) provides ongoing guidance, professional development, resources, and technical assistance to LEAs on issues related to the education of ELLs/MLLs. For assistance in the completion of the required 2017-18 CR Part 154 CEEP Update, contact our offices in Albany at (518) 474-8775 and in NYC at (718) 722-2445 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Regional Bilingual Education Resource Networks (RBERNs) are also available to provide technical assistance and support. Information on your regional RBERN can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/bilingual-ed/schools/regional-supportrberns.
*How do I access the survey?
1. Go to Business Portal http://portal.nysed.gov. Click on the “Log In” button
2. Enter your username and password
3. Click on “SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System” under My Applications
4. Select “View Surveys for Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages”
5. Find the survey titled “2017-18 CEEP Update”
6. Click on ‘view’ to begin/continue to input information
October 19, 2017: Memorandum: CR Part 154 Comprehensive Plan for Education of ELLs/MLLs
Tips for Navigating the System
- The CR Part 154 Comprehensive Plan is completed online via the SED Monitoring System that can be accessed through the NYSED Application Business Portal. You must be registered to use the Portal, but please note that most NYS LEAs are already registered and have access to the system. You will receive an email notification annually when the survey becomes available but, when available, it will automatically appear in your list of surveys when you log into SED Monitoring.
- Only LEA CEOs (in most cases Superintendents) or other designated administrators can add/entitle users to the system and share permissions. LEA CEOs are the only ones who can certify and submit the plan, which may be completed by appropriate staff, usually program personnel.
- IMPORTANT: If you or the designated administrator (superintendent or staff) needs assistance with logging in, resetting passwords, or creating an account and entitling a user to a system, contact the email helpdesk at: email@example.com
- Instructions for completing the Comprehensive Plan are available upon logging in to the portal and selecting the survey.