CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL Education Plan (CEEP)
2019-2020 CR Part 154 Reporting Requirements
As in previous years, all Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) are required under Part 154 of the Commissioner’s Regulations (CR Part 154), to develop a CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan (CEEP) to meet the educational needs of English Language Learners (ELLs)/Multilingual Learners (MLLs) (CR Part 154-2[b]).
All LEAs must keep their completed CEEPs on file in the LEAs’ main office and make them available for review upon request by the New York State Education Department (NYSED). NYSED reserves the right to publish on its website the completed CR Part 154 CEEP. In addition, all school administrators must review the plan and keep a copy on file within the school building.
The CEEP is divided into multiple sections in which LEAs must outline how they are addressing the needs of their ELLs/MLLs and describe their strategic plan for providing grade-appropriate, linguistically and academically rigorous instruction that will allow ELLs/MLLs to meet the Next Generation Learning Standards in alignment with the expectations set forth in the New York State Blueprint for ELL/MLL Success. When completing the CEEP it is recommended that LEAs familiarize themselves with the principles outlined in the Blueprint.
For the 2019-20 school year, all LEAs must submit a CEEP Update, which includes an assurances page and space for the LEA to describe any changes or additions to the CEEP that was submitted in October, 2018. The CEEP update is due to SED by Tuesday, October 15, 2019. For this update, LEAs do NOT need to submit a Data Report and Information Form.
Information on How to Submit the CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan (CEEP) Update:
When the CEEP becomes available, the LEA CEO (usually the district superintendent) will receive an email notification and it will automatically appear in the CEO’s list of surveys (inbox) after he or she has successfully logged into the SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System. Other users must be added to the system as an "entitled user" by the CEO or his or her proxy and must have log-in info/user permissions before following the below steps.
- Go to the NYSED Application Business Portal. Click on the “Log In” button on the menu bar at the upper right
- Enter your username and password
- Click on “SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System” under My Applications
- Select “View Surveys for Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages and find the survey titled “2019-20 CEEP Update”
- Click on "view" to begin/continue to input information.
- Detailed instructions for completing the CEEP are available upon logging in to the portal and selecting the survey.
Who to Contact for Support and Guidance
- Note that only LEA CEOs and designated users with data entry permissions can complete the form and only LEA CEOs have certify/submit privileges. Please contact the SEDDAS Help Desk at SEDDAS@nysed.gov to resolve any questions related to Business Portal/SED Monitoring user accounts, password resets, sharing data entry permissions, or the SEDDAS application and for general assistance with the Business Portal/SED Monitoring.
- NYSED's Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) enforces regulations and provides ongoing guidance, professional development, resources, and assistance to LEAs on issues related to the education of ELLs/MLLs. For assistance in the completion of the required 2018-19 CR Part 154 CEEP, contact our offices in Albany at (518) 474-8775 and in NYC at (718) 722-2445 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Regional Bilingual Education Resource Networks (RBERNs) are also available to provide assistance and support regarding ELL/MLL program related questions and the completion of the report.