CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL Education Plan (CEEP)
2018-2019 CR Part 154 Reporting Requirements
Update: The 2018-2019 CR Part 154 CEEP will be available in June 2018 and will be due to NYSED by August 31, 2018. Please check this page for updates.
All Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) in New York State must comply with Part 154 of the Commissioner’s Regulations, which establishes standards for school districts having English Language Learners (ELLs)/Multilingual Learners (MLLs), to ensure that these students are provided opportunities to achieve the same educational goals and standards that have been established by the Board of Regents for all students. In accordance with CR Part 154, each school district shall provide ELLs/MLLs equal access to all school programs and services offered by the district, commensurate with the student’s age and grade level, including access to programs required for graduation.
Under CR Part 154, all LEAs are required to develop a Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan (CEEP) to meet the educational needs of ELLs/MLLs (CR Part 154.3[a]) and to submit an annual Data/Information Report as required under CR Part 154.3[a][f]. All LEAs must keep their completed CEEPs on file in the LEAs’ main office and make them available for review upon request by the New York State Education Department (NYSED).
The CR Part 154 Comprehensive ELL/MLL Education Plan is to be completed online via the SED Monitoring System which can be accessed through the NYSED Applications Business Portal. Most New York State LEAs are already registered and have access to the system. Please contact the SEDDAS Help Desk at SEDDAS@nysed.gov to resolve any questions related to user accounts, password resets, the SEDDAS application, and assistance with the Business Portal itself. Please see information below regarding accessing the survey*. When the survey becomes available, the LEA CEO (usually the district superintendent) will receive an email notification and it will automatically appear in the LEA's list of surveys (inbox) after the user has successfully logged into the SED Monitoring System. Instructions for completing the CEEP are available upon logging in to the portal and selecting the survey.
NYSED's Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) provides ongoing guidance, professional development, resources, and assistance to LEAs on issues related to the education of ELLs/MLLs. For assistance in the completion of the required 2018-19 CR Part 154 CEEP, contact our offices in Albany at (518) 474-8775 and in NYC at (718) 722-2445 or email us at email@example.com.
The Regional Bilingual Education Resource Networks (RBERNs) are also available to provide assistance and support. Information on your regional RBERN can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/bilingual-ed/schools/regional-supportrberns.
- Please note that OBEWL and the RBERNs are available to answer questions about ELL programs and services and/or any of the program-related information that must be provided on the survey.
- Please contact the SEDDAS Help Desk at SEDDAS@nysed.gov to resolve any questions related to user accounts, password resets, the SEDDAS application, and assistance with the Business Portal itself.
*How do I access the survey?
1. Go to Business Portal http://portal.nysed.gov. Click on the “Log In” button
2. Enter your username and password
3. Click on “SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System” under My Applications
4. Select “View Surveys for Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages”
5. Find the survey titled “2018-19 CEEP”
6. Click on "view" to begin/continue to input information
Please note that only LEA CEOs and designated users with data entry permissions can complete the form.
Tips for Navigating the System
- The CR Part 154 Comprehensive Plan is completed online via the SED Monitoring System that can be accessed through the NYSED Application Business Portal. LEAs must be registered to use the Portal, but please note that most NYS LEAs are already registered and have access to the system. The LEA CEO will receive an email notification annually when the survey becomes available but, when available, it will automatically appear on the LEA list of surveys when the LEA CEO or a designated user logs into SED Monitoring.
- Only LEA CEOs (in most cases district superintendents) or other designated administrators can add/entitle designated users to the system and share permissions. LEA CEOs are the only ones who can certify and submit the plan, which may be completed by appropriate staff, usually program personnel.
- IMPORTANT: If the LEA CEO or a designated user/administrator needs assistance with logging in, resetting passwords, or creating an account and entitling a user to a system, contact the email helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructions for completing the Comprehensive Plan are available upon logging in to the portal and selecting the survey.