School District/LEA Resources
The New York State Education Department's Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages has created a suite of resources in order to ensure that ELL educators and school and district leadership have the support that they need to implement CR Part 154, and we are in the process of creating even more resources. These include:
- English Language Learner Resource Collection (COVID-19 school closures)
- A comprehensive set of tools for identifying and serving Students with Interrupted/Inconsistent Formal Education (SIFE)
- A revised Home Language Questionnaire and accompanying guidance with individual interview questions
- the PENPal Translation Pen
- An ELL ID Chart with accompanying guidance and revised Units of Study tables
- Former ELL Services guidance
- Updated bilingual glossaries and cognate lists
- Notification letters for districts to send to parents regarding their child's NYSITELL and NYSESLAT scores and eligibility to receive English Language Learner (ELL) services. Available in seventeen languages.
In addition, we have:
- Developed the New York State Bilingual Common Core Progressions, which address each Common Core standard and demonstrates how ELLs at all levels of language development can reach the Common Core standards.
- Translated the P-12 Math Curriculum Modules into the top 5 ELL home languages spoken in NYS.