From the West, North and South (Syracuse, Watertown and Binghamton)
- NY State Thruway to Exit 33 (Verona).
- As you exit, go right onto Route 365 East toward Rome.
- Proceed approximately 9 miles. You will see the Oneida/Mohawk Correctional Facilities on your right.
- Continue driving and take Left Lane exit for downtown Rome 26 North 46 North. Pass over the Mohawk River and into Fort Stanwix Rome Business District.
- Left will take you to Erie Blvd. where you can look for signs for left turn onto Madison Street. Or Take Right Lane exit and continue on Route 26 North - yield then merge into Left Lane for Black River Blvd. Continue past Rome Fire Department and turn Left onto Bloomfield/Route 26.
- Turn Right onto Turin Street/Rt 26 north. Past intersection of Madison St. on the left is the entrance to the New York State School for the Deaf.
- The administration and school building is straight ahead with dual flagpoles in the front. Upon entering the building, please stop at the office to register and obtain a visitor’s pass.
From the East (Albany)
- NY State Thruway to Exit 32 (Westmoreland)
- Take 49 West to Rome and take the River Road Exit.
- Continue on River Road that becomes 365/ E Dominick Street
- At the light at the end, turn Right onto 46/26 Black River Trail Blvd.
- Turn left onto W Garden Street at light. Past intersection w N James St take wide Right turn onto Turin Street (Route 26N)
- The entrance is on the left. The administration and school building is straight ahead with dual flagpoles in the front. Upon entering the building, please stop at the office to register and obtain a visitor’s pass.