The New York State School for the Deaf, in partnership with family and community, provides a rigorous, diverse, individualized, bilingual (ASL and English) education in a barrier-free communication rich environment. We will empower our Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students to realize their full potential both academically and culturally to ensure independent, responsible, life-long learners who become contributing citizens.
At NYSSD we believe
- All students will learn.
- All students will be provided a quality education that is a shared responsibility of educational staff, students, families, dormitory staff, and the community.
- All Students will be provided a safe and judgment-free school environment that values students from different cultural and communication backgrounds.
- All students will be exposed to modern technology to prepare them for 21st century careers.
- All students will be provided a well-rounded education to include extra-curricular activities, clubs, vocational opportunities, and community outreach.
- All students will achieve independence through exposure, exploration, and real world experiences.
- All students will be prepared to pursue a post-secondary education or a career path to become self-sufficient adults.
- Where should the lead testing be posted? Should it go on its own separate page?
Create new separate page with latest lead testing results.
- What about the other files attached to this page...where should they be linked?
Create new separate page for DASA