Digital Content Resources - Physical Education
These resources have not been examined for compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and Education Law 2-d, therefore schools that choose to utilize any of these resources must ensure compliance where applicable. For more information on Education Law 2-d and data privacy and security in general please refer to NYSED’s Data Privacy and Security webpage.
The sites below are provided as options and sources for ideas and inspiration only. The list is also not exhaustive; there are many quality resources and learning activities available online.
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) America
- SHAPE is dedicated to helping physical education and health education teachers across the country as many schools and school districts are moving to distance learning due to COVID-19. In response, SHAPE has created a collection of resources from SHAPE America and other K-12 health and physical educators to help continue providing high-quality, standards-based lessons despite the circumstances.
- Go Noodle (K-12)
- GoNoodle® has movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. It is available for free at school and home
- Jr NBA (K-12)
- The Jr NBA Headspace mindfulness is a turnkey instructional curriculum designed for youth basketball experience for players, parents, and coaches. There are four levels for youth levels at four levels.
- PBS Learning Media Resources for Physical Education and Health
- PBS Learning media is a resource created by WMHT and PBS that has free, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for K-12 New York State physical education and health education teachers
- Sesame Street Preschool-Grade 2 Physical Education and Movement Videos
- Sesame Street has free physical education related videos for teachers and families that encourages movement and supports physical and mental health.