Digital Content Resources - Multiple Content Areas PreK-12
These resources have not been examined for compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and Education Law 2-d, therefore schools that choose to utilize any of these resources must ensure compliance where applicable. For more information on Education Law 2-d and data privacy and security in general please refer to NYSED’s Data Privacy and Security webpage.
The sites below are provided as options and sources for ideas and inspiration only. The list is also not exhaustive; there are many quality resources and learning activities available online.
- Brain Pop, BrainPop Jr., BrainPop ELL (Grades K-12)
- BrainPop offers over 1,000 short animated movies for students in grades K-12, together with quizzes and related materials, covering the subjects of science, social studies, English, ELL, math, engineering and technology, health, and arts and music. Materials are available in Spanish and French. BrainPOP is currently offering free access to schools closed due to COVID-19.
- Castle Learning (K-12)
- Castle includes ELA Curricula from elementary through high school, aligned to New York State standards, including units for literature, reading, language and grammar, and foundational skills. Castle also has ELA Regents review courses.
- Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC)
- CILC, established in 1994 as a nonprofit, specializes in the access to applications and the utilization of video conferencing for live interactive content and professional development, as well as web based collaborative learning environments for K-20 education. CILC and its content providers have come together to provide core curriculum every day of the week for homebound students in grades K-6th. From September to December they will offer free programs with registration every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1:00 PM EST.
- CK-12 has free resources such as lessons and videos for students, parents, teachers, schools, and districts that can support prior learning (Grades K-12)
- Findnyculture.org connects teachers, parents, and students to New York’s cultural education community. It is a searchable directory of New York’s 4600+ museums, libraries, historical societies, science centers, parks, zoos, university art galleries, planetariums, and more. Discover exciting educational programs; engage with content experts; access learning resources; and inspire your students. Check the events calendar for new online and regional programs.
- Khan Academy and Khan Academy Kids
- Khan Academy is a non-profit organization that has a library of video lessons, learning activities and challenges, and resources for multiple K-12. Teachers with accounts can set up courses that address specific needs of their learners and can easily assign students an entire course.
- National Geographic Kids (K-5)
- National Geographic has been igniting the explorer in all of us for 132 years through groundbreaking storytelling from the best and brightest scientists, explorers, photographers, and filmmakers in the world. Free educational games and videos.
- NYSM Portal to Online Educational Resources & Activities
- The portal brings together many of the museum’s resources, including links to the popular virtual field trips, digital collections, online resources, and many fun activities for kids derived from the museum’s research and collections. The Portal provides opportunities for educators, caregivers, and students looking for engaging and educational activities that can be done from home. These resources will support the work of educators, engage students in the research and collections of the New York State Museum, and connect the real-world work of scientists and historians with the NYS Learning Standards. New resources will be added throughout the school year.
- NYC DOE - Digital Learning
- PBS LearningMedia: Resources for New School Routines (PreK-12)
- As teachers, students, and families deal with school As teachers, students, and families enter an uncertain school year with new routines, both in-person and virtual, PBS LearningMedia offers this special collection of flexible resources to support learning from anywhere. Find videos, self-paced Interactive lessons, printable activities, and more. Browse our distance learning broadcast schedules aligned with PBS LearningMedia resources. Visite la colección, Recursos de PreK-12.
- Provides resources on adopting or adapting best practices through implementation of six transformational strategies: project-based learning, social and emotional learning, comprehensive assessment, teacher development, integrated studies, and technology integration. There is a webpage dedicated to online learning.