Liberty Partnerships Program Ensuring Excellence & Opportunity
Raising the Standards and Widening the Saftey Net
As higher standards are implemented and student expectations rise, students already at risk in the State’s high need/low performing schools and districts will face additional pressures to perform.
What are the Challenges
- Disparity between resources available to students in high-need communities and high expectations for their performance.
- Increased demand for high-quality academic interventions that will close the performance gap among students.
- Increased demand for innovative social interventions that will reduce or eliminate the developmental impact of poverty on learners.
- Insufficient funding.
Keys To Success
- Visionary statewide and local strategic plans.
- Twelve-month comprehensive programs and services that promote educational and personal excellence among at-risk youth.
- Effective k-16 articulation.
- Professional development strands that facilitate innovations in academic and social intervention.
- Collaborative venues for generating systemic and sustained resources for at-risk students and high need schools.
- Parent/extended community involvement.
- All students will meet high standards for academic performance and personal behavior and demonstrate the knowledge and skills required by a dynamic world.
- The Public will be served by qualified, ethical professionals who remain current with the best practice in their field and reflect the diversity of New York State.
- Education, information and cultural resources will be available to all people.
LPP seeks statewide partners that can help facilitate one or more of the following initiatives
- Interactive technology to improve the academic performance of at-risk students.
- Expansion of College, career exploration program.
- After-school, extended day and summer educational, cultural and recreation programs.
- After-school and summer training/employment opportunities for students, parents and other significant family members.
- Institutes to advance innovative practices among administrators, teachers, counselors, and other practitioners.
- Whole school adoption.
- LPP will maintain its status as an effective drop out prevention program.
- LPP students will have improved abilities to achieve the higher learning standards.
- LPP graduates will be prepared for the rigors of postsecondary education and the workforce.
- Academic intervention strategies of partner schools will be enhanced.