Scholarships for Academic Excellence (SAE)
- 2019 Scholarships for Academic Excellence Program Bulletin Nomination Information for Eligible High Schools
|High Schools must complete and submit their Nomination Summary Form and Application Form(s) to the New York State Education Department.
The date has been extended to no later than March 15, 2019
Pending the appropriation of State funds by the New York State Legislature, 8,000 scholarships will be awarded for students graduating in 2019. Of the 8,000 scholarships, 2,000 scholarships will have a value of $1,500 each and 6,000 scholarships will have a value of $500 each.
This is very important...
the SAE information,
including the individual application forms,
must be completed by the appropriate school building leader, and not by individual students.
- Scholarship winners must attend a college or university (SAE’s cannot be used for trade schools) in New York State.
- Those who do not attend a college or university in New York State forfeit the award.
- Awards are renewable for up to four academic years of undergraduate study or five academic years, if the program of study normally requires five years as defined by the Commissioner of Education.
- In the event that a scholarship is declined by the student or revoked by the Commissioner of Education, its benefits will lapse and no re-awards will be made.
The information collected on the application for the Scholarships for Academic Excellence is collected under the authority of the New York State Education Department Law 605 and Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, subpart 145-1. Each individual has the right to review personal information maintained by the Scholarships Unit, unless exempted by law.
Questions regarding this grant must be e-mailed to: email@example.com
New York State Education Department
89 Washington Ave, EBA RM 971
Albany, NY 12234