My Brother's Keeper Fellows Program
The purpose of the MBK Fellows Grant is to provide 11th grade high school students, with an emphasis on boys and young men of color, with opportunities to gain authentic leadership experience(s) and develop service projects beneficial to the schools they attend and the communities they live in. In 2018, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) announced the inaugural class of MBK Fellows; in 2019, NYSED named the second class of MBK Fellows; and in 2020, NYSED named the third class of MBK Fellows. The MBK Fellows are provided with authentic leadership opportunities in government, education, and business.
In 2019, NYSED announced $1.8 million in My Brother’s Keeper Fellows Program grants. Only the approved 25 New York State MBK Communities are eligible to apply for the MBK Fellows Program grant opportunity.
My Brother's Keeper Call for 2021-22 MBK Fellows Book Study
Memo: MBK Fellows Mastermind Book Study - September 10, 2021
- My Brother’s Keeper Fellows Program - RFA for 2021-22
- Application deadline: October 1, 2021
- Informational Webinar – Posted 8/31/21
Archived grant application documents for 2019-2022:
- MBK Fellows Program 2019-2022
- Application deadline: December 6, 2019
- Informational Webinar – Posted 10/7/19
- Questions and Answers - Posted 10/25/19
Archived grant application documents for 2018: