2019-20 Title I Part A, Title I Part D, and Title II Part A Final Allocation Changes
In the beginning of February 2020, the NYSED Office of ESSA-Funded Programs will post final 2019-20 allocations for the Title I, Part A; Title I, Part D; and Title II, Part A programs for all Local Education Agencies (LEAs). Updated allocations will be available online at Allocations, Poverty Data, and Student Counts page.
The adjustment from preliminary allocations posted in July 2019 to the final allocations that will be posted in February 2020 is due to changes in student count data and state-level allocations calculated by the United States Department of Education.
When allocations are posted, LEAs should visit their NYSED Grants Finance page by:
- Going to http://www.oms.nysed.gov/cafe/reports/, then
- Selecting the county where the LEA is located, then
- Selecting the LEA name, then
- Selecting the “2019-20 – ESSA Allocation Report”
The 2019-20 – ESSA Allocation Report will provide your LEA with information such as updated Title I, Part A allocations, updated Title I, Part D allocations, updated Title II, Part A allocations, approved budget amounts, and available carryover funds so adjustments to budgets for these Titles for the 2019-20 school year can be made in a timely manner.
IF YOUR 2019-20 ALLOCATION HAS INCREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation increased you can choose to:
- Submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to draw down the additional funds for use during the current project period, OR
- Take no action and carry over the increase into the 2020-21 school year. Please note, that for Title I part A funds, carryover funds cannot can exceed 15% of the 2018-19 allocation.
An LEA may draw down carryover funds from 2018-19 and account for an allocation increase via the same Budget Amendment (FS-10A).
IF YOUR 2019-20 ALLOCATION HAS DECREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation decreased:
- The LEA will need to submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to adjust the approved budget to match the total amount of available funds. The amount of available funds is the sum of the final allocation amount, plus any available carryover funds from 2018-19. In some cases, the amount of carryover from 2018-19 may be sufficient to offset the reduction in the final allocation amount.
- If no amendment is submitted by June 1, 2020, the district will be contacted at the end of the 2019-2020 school year and asked to submit an amendment (FS-10A) at that point to bring the project budget in line with the amount of available funds for 2019-20.
- If no amendment is submitted by August 31, 2020, the district’s Title I final expenditures for 2019-20 will be decreased by the amount of the overage to the total available amount through the final expenditure report (FS-10F).
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Office of ESSA-Funded Programs at (518) 473-0295 or via email at email@example.com .