2020-2021 Pre-K Newsletters
The Office of Early Learning (OEL) publishes its newsletter four times each year, in the winter, spring, summer and autumn. This page lists the most recent newsletters and selected topics included within them.
- New resource for parents of EMLs
- EML & IEP data from 2019-2020 NYS Prekindergarten Final Reports
- Updates to learning standards resources
- Supporting learning through play
- ALA Geisel & Caldecott Recipients
- Experience for professional certification
- Child counts during the 2020-2021 school year
- Planning Resources, including planning charts on the physical environment.
- A "Planning Tool" to support effective transitions from Prekindergarten to Kindergarten.
- A teacher's experience in Virtual Prekindergarten.
- Write On, NY! Link to the website and initiative that promotes and supports student writing.
- Link to "Submit Your Story." Tell us how you stay connected with your students and families.
- Teacher & Family Resources includes the link to the Sesame Street Community website.
- Supporting Emergent Multilingual Learners webpage is now available in several languages.
- Apply to be part of the Parent Advisory Council.
- No Small Matter Film Viewing Opportunity.
- Social Emotional Learning Book Nook Activities.
- Notable Children's Books for 2020 from the Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC).