Start Creating Your Word File
- Blank Characters
- Do not use blank spaces for formatting purposes. For example, multiple carriage returns, and the use of tabs and spaces to align text. Using these will create reading issues for non-sighted users.
- Ensure that font size is sufficient, around 12 points.
- Use one of the recommended fonts:
- Times New Roman
- Do not use flashing, flickering or animated text
- Text is easy to read. There is sufficient contrast.
- Do not use color to emphasize the importance of selected text.
Please Note: If, after reviewing these tools, you still have questions about the web accessibility procedures, you may contact your Web Content Manager or the SED Help Desk. You may also submit your question to the NYSED Web Accessibility Support Forum.