State Performance Plan Indicator 14: Post-School Outcomes
Percent of youth who are no longer in secondary school, had IEPs in effect at the time they left school, and were:
|SPP Indicator 14 A||Enrolled in higher education within one year of leaving high school.|
|SPP Indicator 14 B||Enrolled in higher education or competitively employed within one year of leaving high school.|
|SPP Indicator 14 C||Enrolled in higher education or in some other postsecondary education or training program; or competitively employed or in some other employment within one year of leaving high school.|
General Information on the SPP/APR can be found on the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education's SPP/APR Community Website.
The New York State Education Department's SPP/APR Stakeholder Engagement Website provides information regarding Indicator 14, including a descriptive handout explaining the measurement and current strategies to improve post-secondary outcomes for students with disabilities.
Data Submission Information
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has contracted with the Potsdam Institute for Applied Research (PIAR), located at the State University of New York at Potsdam. PIAR will conduct interviews with former students and report the results back to individual school districts and NYSED.
- Indicator 14- Directions for Collecting Data Regarding Post-School Outcomes for Students with Individualized Education Programs (School Year 2023-2024)
- Indicator 14-Directions for Collecting Data Regarding Post-School Outcomes for Students with Individualized Education Programs (School Year 2023-2024)
- Data submission resources
- Calculator to Determine Minimum Sample Size for Indicator 7, Indicator 8, Indicator 11, Indicator 12, Indicator 13, and Indicator 14
- Selecting Samples of Students for Reporting Data on Federal Indicators 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14 (Using Random Number Tables)