The Field Support Team has developed tools and resources to support continuous improvement in all schools and districts.
Schools and districts are best poised for continuous improvement when they:
- Envision: Have a shared set up values and principles that guide both their long-term vision and day-to-day operations
- Analyze: Consistently and regularly review and analyze implementation efforts, local and state data, survey data, self-reflections of systems, structures, and processes.
- Listen: Have a better understanding of the stakeholder experience.
The concepts above are incorporated into the needs assessment and improvement planning process to support the development and implementation of strategies to promote continuous improvement.
As part of implementation, schools and districts should consider how to organize their efforts around three research-based, high-impact implementation levers.
- Organizing Adults: Planning for adult and student interactions ensuring they are supported, productive, connected and engaged.
- Centering Students: Being mindful of the needs of the whole child and ensuring they are centered in the educational experience.
- Linking Teaching and Learning: Recognizing that teaching and learning are connected and focusing on how one impacts the other.
The resources and tools are designed in a way to provide multiple entry points allowing for flexibility in adapting practices to initiate, develop, or enhance internal sustainable structures around continuous improvement.
For more information about the Continuous Improvement process, including requirements for schools and districts identified for additional support through the accountability process, please see the links below:
For the 2023–2024 School Year
Please see the Continuous Improvement Planning Guide and Accountability Data Analysis document that was sent to district leaders and charter school leaders along with final accountability determinations for the 2023–2024 school year. The document provides recommendations for continuous improvement planning based on certain data results.