Reimbursement of mandated services to nonpublic schools may be made for the actual costs related to complying with certain State mandates, if eligibility requirements are met. To be eligible for reimbursement, the school must:
- Provide instruction in all required subjects according to §3204 of the Education Law.
- Require pupils to attend full-time instruction according to §3205 of the Education Law.
- Not are the recipients of other State or local aid, directly or indirectly (e.g., tuition payments for the disabled).
- Be a not-for-profit institution.
The administrator should keep track of and be able to document the amount of time spent by faculty and staff in complying with State mandates. Expenses incurred in fulfilling mandates are reimbursable. These include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- BEDS forms.
- Pupil attendance records.
- Elementary school tests.
- Regents Exams.
- Regents Competency Tests.
- Regents Scholarship applications.
- Registration of high schools.
- Graduation reports.
- Documentation of incorporation of home and career skills, technology education and library and information skills into other courses.
- Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (for schools identified by the Commissioner as having to develop a Plan).
State Statute: Chapter 53 of the Laws of 2003
State Regulation: 8NYCRR Part 176