The purpose of My Brother’s Keeper Challenge Grant is to incentivize and support school districts to accept the My Brother’s Keeper Challenge and implement a coherent cradle-to-college strategy aimed at improving the life outcomes for boys and young men of color. The Department would fund grants to school district communities to address one or more of the following:
- Entering school ready to learn;
- Reading at grade level by third grade;
- Graduating from high school ready for college and career;
- Completing postsecondary education or training;
- Entering the workforce successfully with middle skills jobs; and
- Reducing violence and providing a second chance.
State Statute: Chapter 53 of the Laws of 2016