OBEWL Newsletter Archives
News from Assistant Commissioner of Bilingual Education and World Languages Lissette Colon-Collins
We hope that your school year is off to a great start! This school year is full of possibilities and opportunities to expand the work that all of us are doing on behalf of New York State’s English Language Learner (ELL)/Multilingual Learner (MLL) population.
- Our newly launched OBEWL website
- News and Updates on World Languages
- Multilingual Literacy Screener (MLS)
- Comprehensive ELL Education Plan (CEEP)
- PenPal Home Language Questionnaire (HLQ) Toolkit
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Professional Development Opportunities Around New York State including the First Annual Literacy Conference: “Developing Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Students” on November 30, 2016
Thank you for the work that you do every day to make a difference in the lives of ELLs/MLLs and their families. May we continue to work collaboratively in order to provide our students and their families with the services and opportunities they need to be successful. On behalf of all of us in the New York State Education Department Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages, we wish you a wonderful school year.
New York State Education Department
Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages