Resources for the Public
Finding resources to help with services, academic and non-academic, can be difficult but we hope that this list can make that task easier. If you have other resources that you would like to share feel free to email them to CharterSchools@nysed.gov.
Remote Learning Platforms and thoughts from other New York Charter Schools:
- Remote Leaning Resources for UNESCO
- Success Academy Remote Learning Lessons Learned
- Success Academy Remote Learning Curriculum
- KIPP Remote Learning Platform
- New Visions put together this remote teaching and learning site to help with virtual learning
Mental Health Support:
- The New York State Office of Mental Health has provided guidance for telemental health services in New York State.
Coronavirus and Parenting:
- NPR’s Life Kit podcast put together this episode and webpage full of information parents need to know.
- Teach and Learn with the New York Times: This resource from the New York Times puts together lesson plans and ways to talk about current events in the classroom.
- Assignment Analysis Guide: When creating math assignments, this guide can provide as a resource for analyzing current assignments.
- The New York Public Library offers this free online tutoring resource for students daily from 2-11 p.m. Research resources and other remote and digital resources from NYPL are outlined here. Many resources are still available online.