NYSESLAT General Information
The New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) is designed to annually assess the English language proficiency of all English Language Learners (ELLs) enrolled in Grades K–12 in New York State schools. The test provides the State and schools with important information about the English language development of ELLs and is part of the State’s compliance with federal laws that mandate the annual assessment and monitoring of the English language proficiency of all ELLs.
2023-24 School Year
- Assessments by Birth Date/Age for Ungraded Students in 2023–24
- 2024 New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test: New Grade 1 Test and Mode of Administration
- Memo: 2023 NYSESLAT—Determining an English Language Learner’s (ELL) English Language Proficiency Level
- Performance Level Descriptions - PLDs
- Targets of Measurements - ToMs