2022-23 Title I Part A, Title I Part D, Title II Part A, and Title IV Part A Final Allocation Changes
In January 2023, the NYSED Office of ESSA-Funded Programs will post final 2022-23 allocations for the Title I, Part A; Title I, Part D; Title II, Part A; and Title IV, Part A programs for all Local Education Agencies (LEAs). Updated allocations will be available online at: http://www.nysed.gov/essa/allocations-poverty- data-and- student-counts.
The adjustment from preliminary allocations posted in May 2022 to the final allocations that will be posted in January 2023 is due to changes in student count data and state-level allocations calculated by the United States Department of Education.
When allocations are posted, LEAs should visit their NYSED Grants Finance page by:
- Going to http://www.oms.nysed.gov/cafe/reports/, then
- Selecting the county where the LEA is located, then
- Selecting the LEA name,then
- Selecting the “2022-23 – ESSA Allocation Report”
The 2022-23– ESSA Allocation Report will provide your LEA with information such as updated Title I, Part A allocations, updated Title I, Part D allocations, updated Title II, Part A allocations, updated Title IV, Part A allocations, approved budget amounts, and available carryover funds so adjustments to budgets for these Titles for the 2022-23 school year can be made in a timely manner.
IF YOUR 2022-23 ALLOCATION HAS INCREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation increased you can choose to:
- Submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to draw down the additional funds for use during the current project period, OR
- Take no action and carry over the increase into the 2023-24 school year. Please note, that for Title I Part A funds, carryover funds cannot exceed 15% of the 2022-23 allocation.
An LEA may draw down carryover funds from 2022-23 and account for an allocation increase via the same Budget Amendment (FS-10A).
IF YOUR 2022-23 ALLOCATION HAS DECREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation decreased:
- The LEA will need to submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to adjust the approved budget to match the total amount of available funds. The amount of available funds is the sum of the final allocation amount, plus any available carryover funds from 2021-22. In some cases, the amount of carryover from 2021-22 may be sufficient to offset the reduction in the final allocation amount.
- If no amendment is submitted by June 1, 2023, the district will be contacted at the end of the 2022-23 school year and asked to submit an amendment (FS-10A) at that point to bring the project budget in line with the amount of available funds for 2022-23.
- If no amendment is submitted by August 31, 2023, the district’s Title I final expenditures for 2022-23 will be decreased by the amount of the overage to the total available amount through the final expenditure report (FS-10F).
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Office of ESSA-Funded Programs at (518) 473-0295 or via email at email@example.com .