Perkins 2021-22 Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA) workbook posting and changes
The NYSED Office of CTE has posted the updated CLNA workbook to our website. The assessment activities and completion of the workbook will be carried out by Perkins applicants during the 2021-22 school year in order to apply for Perkins funds for the 2022-23 program year. As requested by Perkins applicants, the new CLNA workbook has been combined with the CLNA Summary so that two separate documents are no longer required. Other changes to note include:
- Directions for completing each worksheet within the workbook are now embedded in each worksheet so that there is no longer a separate guidance document.
- The State Determined Performance Levels (SDPL) for Postsecondary Placement (3S1) and Work-Based Learning (5S3) on the Performance Indicators worksheet have been updated to reflect revised targets approved by USDE.
- Fiscal agents or districts must submit a completed CLNA workbook to the Office of CTE by April 1, 2022 to be eligible to apply directly for Perkins funds for the 2022-23 program year.
- The 2022-23 Perkins application must be submitted by June 1, 2022.
- The deadline for the Final Narrative report from the 2021-22 program year will now be moved up to June 30, 2022. The information in this report will be used in the review of the 2022-23 application. Past program performance will be referenced by the grant reviewer when evaluating the proposed activities for the 2022-23 program year.
- Perkins applications submitted in the year after the completion of the CLNA will now be informed by the final narrative from the previous year. The use of off-year” CLNA summary document has been discontinued.
- “Off-year” CLNAs will no longer be used for new programs. Any programs newly approved in an off year will wait until the following CLNA cycle to undergo evaluation and possible funding with Perkins.
For questions regarding the 2021-22 CLNA workbook and related Perkins documents, please contact the Office of CTE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the PDF version of the memo.