Focus District Improvement Plans
Consistent with the USDE approved ESEA Flexibility Waiver, all Focus Districts are required to develop a District Comprehensive Improvement Plan (DCIP) that details how the district plans to improve instruction and address the identified needs of Focus, Priority, and Local Assistance Plan (LAP) Schools.
All identified priority and focus schools who do not have an approved SIG(G) or SIF plan are required to develop a School Comprehensive Education Plan (SCEP) that details the way in which identified schools are focused on increasing the quality of instruction, improving the effectiveness of the leadership and teaching; and improving student achievement and graduation rates for all students with emphasis on identified subgroups.
Identified schools that have been active participants in the PLC pilot cohort are required to develop a Strategic Plan for School Excellence (SPSE) in lieu of a SCEP. The SPSE details the way in which identified schools are focused on increasing the quality of instruction, improving the effectiveness of the leadership and teaching; improving student achievement and graduation rates, and moving toward excellence for all throughout a three year implementation period.
- 2017-18 DCIP and SCEP Templates and Review Process Field Memo
- 2017-18 Required Improvement Reserve Rates
- 2017-18 DCIP and SCEP Submission and Review Timeline
- 2017-18 District Comprehensive Improvement Plan (DCIP)
- 2017-18 School Comprehensive Education Plan (SCEP)
- 2016-19 Strategic Plan for School Excellence (SPSE)
All plans should be emailed to email@example.com
2017-18 Quarterly Leading Indicator Reports: SPSE LIR Template | SCEP LIR Template
The 2017-18 Quarterly Leading Indicator Reports provide a single “running record” that documents progress toward achieving the SMART goals identified in the SCEP and SPSE. The template also serves as a tool to assist in strategic decision making based on concrete data. The report should be completed by the School Leader, in collaboration with the School Leadership Team, and submitted to the Superintendent or his/her designee for review and verification each quarter.
The Superintendent or his/her designee must submit the Quarter #2 Report for each Non-Receivership Priority/Focus School implementing a SCEP or SPSE via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than close of business Friday, March 16, 2018. Completed reports should include data collected for first and second quarters.
- Focus District Staff SCEP Review Training | PowerPoint Presentation July 2017
- How to Craft High Quality DCIP and SCEPs - May 4 - 5 Focus District Institute
- The State's Role in Supporting Data Use to Drive School Turnaround
- How Systems Thinking Applies to Education
- McRel International - Continuous Improvement in Schools and Districts - Policy Considerations
- SMART Goals
- DTSDE Resource Guide 2.0
- Leading Indicators of School Turnarounds - How to Know When Dramatic Change is on Track
- Seeing Below the Surface: Systems Thinking