Digital Content Resources - Health
These resources have not been examined for compliance with the Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) and Education Law 2-d, therefore schools that choose to utilize any of these resources must ensure compliance where applicable. For more information on Education Law 2-d and data privacy and security in general please refer to NYSED’s Data Privacy and Security webpage.
The sites below are provided as options and sources for ideas and inspiration only. The list is also not exhaustive; there are many quality resources and learning activities available online.
- SHAPE America (Grades K-8)
- SHAPE America (Society of Health and Physical Educators) is the national organization that serves as the voice for 200,000+ health and physical education professionals across the nation. SHAPE has created a collection of resources from the field to help districts provide high-quality, standards-based lessons for physical and health education in the short-term. Districts may adapt, repurpose or use the resources provided to best meet the unique needs of their students.
- New York State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (NYSAHPERD)
- NYSAHPERD has gathered ideas and resources that can be used by teachers, parents, and students at home to increase physical activity and stay fit and healthy. Resources are organized by Elementary, Middle and High School levels.
- BAM! (Body and Mind) (Grades 4-8)
- A resource for teachers that provides information and resources that helps students make healthier lifestyle choices for teachers.
- EverFI Wellness Matters (Grades K-8)
- Clearing the VaporEverfi is a health wellness curriculum teaches students to make healthy choices in a safe environment.
- Kids Health (Grades PK-12)
- Educators free health-related lesson plans for Prek through 12th grade. Each teacher’s guide includes discussion questions, classroom activities and extensions, printable handouts, and quizzes and answer keys—all aligned to National Health Education Standards.
- PBS Learning Media (Grades K-12)
- A resource created by WMHT and PBS that has free, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans, and more for K-12 New York State physical education and health education teachers.
- Sesame Street (Preschool - Grade 2)
- Sesame Street has free health related videos, printables and learning-at-home resources for teachers and families.