2023-24 Title I Part A, Title I Part D, Title II Part A, Title V Final Allocation Changes
On January 26, 2024, the NYSED Office of ESSA-Funded Programs posted final 2023-24 allocations for the Title I, Part A; Title I, Part D; Title II, Part A, and Title V programs for all Local Education Agencies (LEAs). Updated allocations will be available online at: http://www.nysed.gov/essa/allocations- poverty- data-and- student-counts.
The adjustment from preliminary allocations posted in May 2023 to the final allocations that were posted in January 2024 is due to changes in student count data and state-level allocations calculated by the United States Department of Education.
LEAs should visit their NYSED Grants Finance page by:
- Going to http://www.oms.nysed.gov/cafe/reports/, then
- Selecting the county where the LEA is located, then
- Selecting the LEA name,then
- Selecting the “2023-24 – ESSA Allocation Report”
The 2023-24– ESSA Allocation Report will provide your LEA with information such as updated Title I, Part A allocations, updated Title I, Part D allocations, updated Title II, Part A allocations, updated Title V allocations, approved budget amounts, and available carryover funds so adjustments to budgets for these Titles for the 2023-24 school year can be made in a timely manner. Please note, once final allocations are posted, Grants Finance needs time to update the ESSA Allocation Report.
IF YOUR 2023-24 ALLOCATION HAS INCREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation increased you can choose to:
- Submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to access the additional funds for use during the current project period, OR
- Take no action and carry over the increase into the 2024-25 school year. Please note, that for Title I Part A funds, carryover funds cannot exceed 15% of the 2023-24 allocation.
LEAs may access carryover funds from 2022-23 to increase the 2023-24 budget total via the same Budget Amendment (FS-10A) process.
IF YOUR 2023-24 ALLOCATION HAS DECREASED:
If the amount of the district’s final allocation decreased:
- The LEA will need to submit a Budget Amendment (FS-10A) to adjust the approved budget to match the total amount of funds available. The amount of funds available is the sum of the final allocation amount plus any available carryover funds from 2022-23.
- If an amendment is not submitted by June 1, 2024, the district will be contacted at the end of the 2023-24 school year and asked to submit an amendment (FS-10A) to bring the project budget in line with the amount of available funds for 2023-24.
If an amendment is not submitted by August 31, 2024, the LEA's final expenditures for 2023-24 will be decreased to the total available amount through the final expenditure report (FS-10F).
Please note: In some cases, the amount of carryover funds from 2022-23 may be sufficient to offset the reduction in the final allocation amount and an FS-10A may not be needed.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Office of ESSA-Funded Programs at (518) 473-0295 or via email at email@example.com .