The Culturally Responsive-Sustaining (CR-S) Education Framework Briefs
The six CR-S Framework Briefs are from the Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Framework and were designed using commonly asked questions about cultural responsiveness. The purpose of the briefs is to highlight the important concepts of the CR-S Framework as an introduction for educators, administrators, parents/caregivers, community members, and students. These briefs can be used as a professional development resource that encourages the reading of the CR-S Framework in its entirety.
- Brief 1: What is Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Education?
- Brief 2: What is the Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Framework?
- Brief 3: What do students gain when culturally responsive-sustaining education guides our education system?
- Brief 4: Why should schools focus on the cultures of their students?
- Brief 5: What are the four principles of the Culturally Responsive-Sustaining Framework?
- Brief 6: How does implementing CR-S improve your school community as a whole?