General and Program Specific Requirements for Bilingual Education Extensions**
18. Extensions authorizing the provision of Bilingual Education for certificates in library media specialist and educational technology specialist
General requirements: N/A
The program shall include the following:
- theories of bilingual education and bilingualism;
- multicultural perspectives in education; and
- methods of providing library media services or educational technology services, as appropriate to the teaching certificate to bilingual English language learners, using the native language and English.
- college-supervised field experiences of at least 50 clock hours in providing bilingual services, as appropriate to the teaching certificate.