List of Resources
Please Note: All links go to external websites.
- AccessIT (National Center on Accessible Information Technology in Education)
- Accessible HTML Forms
- Forms in HTML Documents - Not specifically a document on accessible forms, but the W3C source document on HTML forms in general, including information on accessibility.
- Jim Thatcher's Forms Tutorial - Good basic tutorial on accessible forms.
- WebAim - Creating Accessible Forms
- Accessible HTML Tables
- Tables in HTML Documents
- Accessible Tables - Written by Jim Thatcher, a noted accessibility expert, for the Information Technology Technical Assistance and Training Center, funded in support of Section 508 by NIDRR and GSA at Georgia Institute of Technology, Center for Rehabilitation Technology.
- WebAIM's Creating Accessible Tables - Good, basic tutorial on coding accessible tables in HTML.
- Accessible Images and Visual Elements
- WebAIM's Creating Accessible Images - Tutorial including an excellent guide to creating effective ALT attributes.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.0
- Language Codes
- IANA Language Subtag Registry - If a language is not available in Adobe Acrobat then the appropriate language code needs to be used when defining the language. Search this registry for the language you are looking for and then use the subtag text for the language code. Additional information on how to use the registry is available here: W3C Choosing a Language Tag
- WAI Reference List
- Web 2.0 & Accessibility - Review and Recommendations
- WebAIM (Web Accessibility in Mind)
- WebAIM: Cognitive Disabilities
- WebAIM PowerPoint Accessibility Techniques Tutorial
- WebAIM: Visual Disabilities
- World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design
Please Note: If, after reviewing these tools, you still have questions about the web accessibility procedures, you may contact your Web Content Manager or the SED Help Desk. You may also submit your question to the NYSED Web Accessibility Support Forum.