NYSESLAT General Information
The New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) is designed to annually assess the English language proficiency of all English Language Learners (ELLs) enrolled in Grades K–12 in New York State schools. The test provides the State and schools with important information about the English language development of ELLs and is part of the State’s compliance with federal laws that mandate the annual assessment and monitoring of the English language proficiency of all ELLs.
2022-23 School Year
- Ordering Additional Materials in PearsonAccessNext (PAN)
- Delay in the Transition of New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) to Computer-Based Testing
- Performance Level Descriptions - PLDs
- Targets of Measurements - ToMs
- Assessments by Birth Date/Age for Ungraded Students in 2022–23
For more information about the administration and scoring of the NYSESLAT, please refer to the School Administrators Manual.
Questions and comments regarding the NYSESLAT can be submitted to email@example.com.