Public Agency Instructions for New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE)
For New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE) public schools only:
The financial forms needed will be forwarded to the New York State Education Department by the NYCDOE office of resource management on your behalf.
Begin the process for your project by first preparing your program narrative; please follow these steps.
- Prepare and submit the narrative online using a computer that is connected to the intranet at http://www.nycboe.net/dfop/tracker/eval/gts/ (see description below for detailed narrative information)
- Your award will not be allocated unless the narrative has been completed. Questions regarding these procedures should be directed to your Senior Grants Officer.
- Schedule your award in Galaxy. For non-Galaxy users, contact your Senior Grants Officer or central business office to schedule a budget in FAMIS.
Please ensure that both your narrative and scheduled budget are aligned with the purpose of the award outlined in this letter.
Do not send any portion of the application directly to the New York State Education Department (SED).
The New York City Department of Education’s Office of Resource Management will generate and transmit a FAMIS FS10 along with the program narrative to SED on your behalf. Questions regarding these procedures should be directed to John Campbell at 718-935-3847 or Jcampbe2@schools.nyc.gov
a. Program Title
Summarize the information provided in the “Purpose” entry of the accompanying
notification letter and enter it here in a Title format.
b. Target Population
(1) How identified
(2) Number by grade level, age or other grouping
(3) How selected
c. Goals or Objectives
(1) State goals of project
(2) List major measurable objectives
d. Activities to Achieve Objectives
(1) Describe what the staff will be doing
(2) Describe what the participants will be doing
e. Project Evaluation
(1) Describe how the results of the project will be measured