About the P-12 Office of Instructional Support
Welcome to the P-12 Office of Instructional Support, one of the offices within Prekindergarten through Grade 12 of the State Education Department that is under the direction of Deputy Commissioner Dr. Kimberly Young Wilkins. Our office was created to coordinate many services that the Department provides to public, nonpublic, and charter schools, school districts, and BOCES.
The P-12 Office of Instructional Support provides leadership and oversight for systems coordination and implementation of the New York State Learning Standards and the State assessment program. Our work transforms learning environments through the integrated use of technology to ensure effective teaching and learning for early education through secondary education in New York State. We strive to increase the Department’s partnership with New York State’s educators in providing the best quality learning opportunities for our children.
Please visit the websites of the program offices that are part of the P-12 Office of Instructional Support for important updates and more in-depth information about each area.
Version 2 - Additional Text to Include?
Welcome to the website of the New York State Education Department's Office of P-12 Instructional Support which is part of the University of the State of New York (USNY) — one of the most complete, interconnected system of educational services in the United States. Our office oversees:
- More than 7,000 public and private elementary and secondary schools;
- 251 proprietary (for-profit) schools;
- Special education services for pre-school and school-age children and teenagers;
- A School for the Blind;
- A School for the Deaf;
Our mission is to raise the knowledge, skill, and opportunity of all the people in New York. Our vision is to provide leadership for a system that yields the best educated people in the world.
P-12 Program Offices
- Bilingual Education & World Languages
- Career & Technical Education
- Charter Schools
- Child Nutrition
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Dignity Act
- District Superintendent, BOCES & School District Services
- Early Learning
- Educational Design & Technology
- Educational Management Services
- Facilities Planning
- Grants Management
- Information & Reporting Services
- Innovation & School Reform
- Native American Education
- Nonpublic School Services
- Nursery Schools
- Pupil Transportation
- School Operations
- Special Education
- Student Support Services
- Universal Prekindergarten