Collection and Reporting Systems
Software applications supported, in whole or in part, by the Office of Information and Reporting Services:
- BEDS (Basic Educational Data System) Institutional Master File (IMF) data collected via BEDS Online
Application for the collection of Public District, Public School, Charter school, BOCES and Nonpublic School data.
- IDEx (IRS Data Exchange)
Application for the secure exchange of data between NYSED and authorized users.
- IRSP (Information and Reporting Services Portal)
Application for the secure distribution of protected, personally identifiable information to authorized users.
- L1HC (Level 1 Host-Child relationships processing)
Application allowing Level 1 hosting centers to submit their list of current School Year LEAs for whom they submit data to SIRS. Controls access to NYSSIS and loading to L1C.
- L2RPT (Level 2 Reporting Environment)
Set of reports for authorized users to view and verify data submitted to SIRS to ensure data accuracy, as well as to view individual student reports.
- Level 0 Historical (L0H)
Application for updating select data elements in records from prior school years via SIRS.
- NYSSIS (New York State Student Identification System)
System for assigning unique identification numbers to individual students.
- PD System
The Special Education data collection system for SEDCAR (Special Education Data Collection, Analysis & Reporting).
- Public Data Site
NYSED's public resource for reporting a wide array of educational data in and about New York State schools.
- SEDDAS (State Education Department Delegated Account System)
System for enabling administrators of districts and schools to provision user accounts for secure access to NYSED systems.
- SIRS (Student Information Repository System)
System for collecting student demographic, programs, assessment, and enrollment data, as well as teacher/staff and course information.
- SSEC (School Safety and the Educational Climate) (former DASA/VADIR)
System of reports on incidents of discrimination and harassment as well as violent and disruptive incidents in districts and schools.
- Teacher/Staff data
Personnel data formerly collected through BEDS PMF (Personnel Master File) now collected through SIRS.
- UIAS (Unique Identifier Audit Summary)
Now part of the L2RPT reports (SIRS-701), alerting LEAs (Local Education Agencies) to discrepancies in student enrollment records.
- Vendor Support for Student Management Systems (SMS)
Resource page with guidance for SMS vendors to update and maintain their systems' ability to enable schools and districts to report data to SIRS.