Mission & Vision of the Office of Higher Education
We will be the best state higher education agency in the nation, known by the people we serve for exemplary leadership, service, and results.
- Ensure that a high-quality postsecondary education is available to all that provides students with the knowledge and skills to compete in a rapidly changing economy and actively contribute to society.
- Coordinate New York's higher education system and strengthen partnerships to achieve the most effective use of resources and improve educational access, opportunities, and student results.
- Ensure that all teachers are prepared to teach all students in their classrooms.
- Protect the public's investment in education through the delivery of high-quality, efficient, and professional service.
- Collect and publish accurate and timely educational information to help shape public policy, increase institutional accountability, and promote sound consumer decisions.
- Provide leadership to staff that is collegial, clear, decisive, consistent and empowering.