The New York State Education Department Office of Standards and Instruction provides guidance for the development and implementation of New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards. The purpose of this New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards Implementation Roadmap is to serve as an at-a-glance guide for all stakeholder groups to facilitate attainment of the Statewide Strategic Plan for Science. This site is designed to assist in implementation of the current and the transition to the new science standards. Resources can be adapted by stakeholders at the local, regional, and state levels.
Here are some quick links to newly released science guidance and resources.
- Investigations for the Elementary- and Intermediate-level Science Tests Now Available (October 2022)
- Amendment to Section 100.5 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Relating to the Laboratory Experience Required in Order to Take a Regents Examination in Science (September 2022)
- Statewide Science Update (July 2022)
- Application Form for Commissioner of Education Waiver: Education Law §809(5) Treatment of Live Vertebrate Animals (updated July 2022)
- Required Investigations for the Elementary- and Intermediate-level Science Tests memo (May 2022)
- ELS/ILS Grade 5 and Grade 8 Science Test Sample Items Released (April 2022)
- Science Professional Learning Turnkey Guides (February 2022)
- NYSP12SLS Quick Guide (February 2022)