The New York State Education Department Office of Curriculum and Instruction provides guidance for the development and implementation of New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards. The purpose of this New York State P-12 Science Learning Standards Implementation Roadmap is to serve as an at-a-glance guide for all stakeholder groups to facilitate attainment of the Statewide Strategic Plan for Science. This site is designed to assist in implementation of the current and the transition to the new science standards. Resources can be adapted by stakeholders at the local, regional, and state levels.
Here are some quick links to notable science resources.
- Virtual Laboratory Experiences and the 1,200 Minute Science Laboratory Requirement for the 2021-22 School Year (August 2021)
- Integrating Science and Language for All Students with a Focus on English Language Learners
- NYSP-12SLS Implementation Timeline (updated April 2021)
- NYSP-12SLS Parent Informational Flyer
- NYSP-12SLS State Science Resource Network