Lesson Planning Part 2 – Lesson Planning Options for Thematic Units
The Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) of the New York State Education Department (NYSED) presents this last webinar in its 2022 Professional Learning Series: Lesson Planning Part 2 – Lesson Planning Options for Thematic Units. This live webinar is offered free of charge for world language educators and administrators working and studying in New York State educational institutions.
Original webinar date: Tuesday, December 13th, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Webinar description: What can effective and engaging lessons look like in the context of a thematic unit? Lesson design and strategy selection can depend on the lesson focus, whether that be a single mode of communication, integrated modes of communication, a targeted language function, or a particular cultural context. In this session, participants will explore strategies that lend themselves well to different lesson designs to maximize student engagement and promote proficiency development.
Link to Handouts folder from webinar
Link to post-assessments
To receive a certificate of completion (including a CTLE certificate), NYS educators must view the recording of the webinar (see link above) in its entirety and then answer at least seven out of ten questions correctly on the post assessment. If the minimum required score (7 out of 10) is achieved, the educator will receive a certificate via email within an hour. For the convenience of our World Language educators, there are multiple versions of the post assessment available, should the required score not be achieved on the first attempt. Educators may take each version of the post assessment once.
- Educators may take each version of the post assessment once. Credit will not be given for taking a single version of the post assessment more than once.
- Credit will not be given for more than one passing score on any of the post assessments for a webinar (listed below) in a single academic year.
- Educators may receive credit for viewing the webinar recording and passing a post assessment once in each academic year and are encouraged to take a different version of the post assessment on a yearly basis to review and test their knowledge of the webinar's content.
- It is the responsibility of the individual educator to keep track of the information on the professional learning they complete each year, including the number of CTLE hours.
- Questions about this webinar or the post assessments, should be directed to Candace Black at (518) 473-7505 or at email@example.com(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail).
# of attendees: 327
# of CTLE certificates issued: 214
# of certificates of attendance issued: 113
# of organizations represented by attendees: 135 districts, 136 schools, 6 partner organizations, 4 colleges or universities
# of languages taught by attendees: 9
Quotes from participants of this webinar
Awesome! No matter how many years I have been teaching, I always learn something from your presentations. THANK YOU!!! ~Claretha R.
This is great stuff! To me, it's revolutionary! I just wish them I was talk this is methods 25 years ago. What a great energizer! ~Linda P.