Lesson Planning Part 1 – From Unit Plan to Lesson Plans: Putting the Pieces Together
The Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages (OBEWL) of the New York State Education Department (NYSED) presents this next workshop in its 2022 Professional Learning Series: Lesson Planning Part 1 – From Unit Plan to Lesson Plans: Putting the Pieces Together. This webinar is offered free of charge for world language educators and administrators working and studying in New York State educational institutions.
Original webinar date: Tuesday, November 1st, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Webinar description: How can teachers create proficiency-based and standards-aligned lessons to enact a thematic unit plan? This session offers guidance and examples for how to create and sequence engaging lesson plans. Participants will learn how to develop lesson plans within a thematic unit that moves naturally from input to output to help students make continuous progress in developing their language proficiency and intercultural communication skills.
Link to post-assessments
To receive a certificate of completion (including a CTLE certificate), NYS educators must view the recording of the webinar (see link above) in its entirety and then answer at least seven out of ten questions correctly on the post assessment. If the minimum required score (7 out of 10) is achieved, the educator will receive a certificate via email within an hour. For the convenience of our World Language educators, there are multiple versions of the post assessment available, should the required score not be achieved on the first attempt. Educators may take each version of the post assessment once.
- Educators may take each version of the post assessment once. Credit will not be given for taking a single version of the post assessment more than once.
- Credit will not be given for more than one passing score on any of the post assessments for a webinar (listed below) in a single academic year.
- Educators may receive credit for viewing the webinar recording and passing a post assessment once in each academic year and are encouraged to take a different version of the post assessment on a yearly basis to review and test their knowledge of the webinar's content.
- It is the responsibility of the individual educator to keep track of the information on the professional learning they complete each year, including the number of CTLE hours.
- Questions about this webinar or the post assessments, should be directed to Candace Black at (518) 473-7505 or at email@example.com(link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail).
# of attendees: 355
# of CTLE certificates issued: 243
# of certificates of attendance issued: 112
# of organizations represented by attendees: 144 districts, 226 schools, 6 partner organizations, 3 colleges or universities
# of languages taught by attendees: 11
Quotes from participants of this webinar
“Thank you! Another great webinar. Wish there was time to work together during the school year/ day to put something together!” ~Michele I.
“Wow, great workshop, lots of AWESOME ideas & resources!!!” ~Francesca C.
“I loved this! very informative. More like this is extremely helpful.” ~Marlene M.
“This was excellent, and really well laid out. Looking forward to the next one. Mille grazie!!” ~Leonardo R.