Completing the School Notification Form
Presenter: Candace Black
Original Webinar Date & Time: Wednesday, November 15th, 2023, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
1 hour of CTLE credit offered.
Webinar description: Your school has decided to offer the NYS Seal of Biliteracy and your Seal Committee has begun its planning. What’s the next step? Completing the School Notification Form. The presenter will go through, step-by-step, how to gather data and complete this form, which must be submitted by December 1st by all schools* wishing to offer this program. Learn the tricks to making this process painless and easy and earn CTLE credit in the process.
*NYCDOE schools do not submit this form, as the information is submitted on their behalf by the Division of Multilingual Learners. Charter and non-public schools within the NYC area as well as all schools in the rest of state must submit their own Notification forms directly to OBEWL.
Link to post-assessments
To receive a certificate of completion (including a CTLE certificate), NYS educators must view the recording of the webinar (see link above) in its entirety and then answer at least seven out of ten questions correctly on the post assessment. If the minimum required score (7 out of 10) is achieved, the educator will receive a certificate via email within an hour. For the convenience of our World Language educators, there are multiple versions of the post assessment available, should the required score not be achieved on the first attempt. Educators may take each version of the post assessment once.
- Educators may take each version of the post assessment once. Credit will not be given for taking a single version of the post assessment more than once.
- Credit will not be given for more than one passing score on any of the post assessments for a webinar (listed below) in a single academic year.
- Educators may receive credit for viewing the webinar recording and passing a post assessment once in each academic year and are encouraged to take a different version of the post assessment on a yearly basis to review and test their knowledge of the webinar's content.
- It is the responsibility of the individual educator to keep track of the information on the professional learning they complete each year, including the number of CTLE hours.
- Questions about this webinar or the post assessments, should be directed to Candace Black at (518) 473-7505 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# of attendees: 66
# of CTLE certificates issued: 46
# of certificates of attendance issued: 20
# of organizations represented by attendees: 44
38 participants from district schools
3 participants from non-public schools
1 participants from BOCES/RBERN
For more information on the NYS Seal of Biliteracy, please visit our website or contact email@example.com.
Webinar Presenter: Candace Black is the World Languages Associate in the Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages at the New York State Education Department. She is currently leading the implementation of the revised NYS World Languages Standards and oversees the NYS Seal of Biliteracy program. Candace graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in French from SUNY Potsdam and earned both her M.B.A., and M.A.T. from the University of Rochester. A National Board-Certified Teacher, Candace taught French for 21 years and served as an IB Diploma Coordinator. In 2021, she was the recipient of the President’s Award for both NYSAFLT and NYSAWLA and was elected as a Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Palmes académiques by the French government. In all her roles, most especially her current one, Candace is deeply committed to the professional learning and support of World Language teachers and the promotion of the NYS Seal of Biliteracy.