Assessment Part 1: Creating Standards-aligned Rubrics for Performance Assessment Tasks
The Office of Bilingual Education and World Languages of the New York State Education Department presents “Assessment Part 1: Creating Standards-aligned Rubrics for Performance Assessment Tasks”.
Original webinar date: Tuesday, September 27th, 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Webinar Description: This session will provide an orientation to exemplar rubrics for each of the five New York State Learning Standards for World Languages. Presenters will offer guidance for creating four–point, three-point or single-point rubrics to assess performance tasks aligned with the proficiency targets at each Checkpoint. Participants will learn how to use rubric templates along with the Master Rubrics document to create their own customized rubrics.
Webinar presenters: Bill Heller, Dr. Joanne O’Toole, & Dr. Lori Langer de Ramirez
Link to Handouts folder from webinar
Link to post-assessments
To receive a certificate of completion (including a CTLE certificate), NYS educators must view the recording of the webinar (see link above) in its entirety and then answer at least seven out of ten questions correctly on the post assessment. If the minimum required score (7 out of 10) is achieved, the educator will receive a certificate via email within an hour. For the convenience of our World Language educators, there are multiple versions of the post assessment available, should the required score not be achieved on the first attempt. Educators may take each version of the post assessment once.
- Educators may take each version of the post assessment once. Credit will not be given for taking a single version of the post assessment more than once.
- Credit will not be given for more than one passing score on any of the post assessments for a webinar (listed below) in a single academic year.
- Educators may receive credit for viewing the webinar recording and passing a post assessment once in each academic year and are encouraged to take a different version of the post assessment on a yearly basis to review and test their knowledge of the webinar's content.
- It is the responsibility of the individual educator to keep track of the information on the professional learning they complete each year, including the number of CTLE hours.
- Questions about this webinar or the post assessments, should be directed to Candace Black at (518) 473-7505 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# of attendees: 364
# of CTLE certificates issued: 259
# of certificates of attendance issued: 105
# of organizations represented by attendees: 265
# of languages taught by attendees: 11
Quotes from participants of this webinar
“This workshop is very informative and helpful. Can't wait for the next workshop.” ~Amantina R.
“Very helpful, especially with the premade template.” ~ Natalia B.
“¡Gracias! Thanks for making it easy to copy & paste when making the rubrics.” ~ Christina R.
“Thank you this was extremely helpful! Look forward to the next session!” ~Leah A.
“I appreciate the opportunity for the students to see and reflect on their level of proficiency.” ~ Karla O.
“Great work! I appreciate your dedication to our field and helping us grow professionally.” ~ Adam L.
“Thank you so much! I especially appreciate the opportunity to ask a couple of direct questions.” ~Julie W.