Skip to main content

We recently received a Notification of Overpayment (Form FS-80) indicating that SED transferred the amount we were overpaid on one grant project to another open project. Can we send a refund check instead of offsetting the amount owed to another grant pr

It is SED's policy to transfer overpayments whenever possible.  If the review of an FS-10-F final expenditure report results in an overpayment, a Notice of Overpayment is sent to the agency identifying the grant project that was overpaid and the grant project charged for the overpayment.  If there are no eligible open grants or grant contracts, the notice will instead instruct the agency to send a refund check.