Skip to main content

Occasionally, outside consultants are used to conduct workshops. We pay their travel expenses, and we provide workshop materials. How should these expenses be reported?

Generally, consultant fees are reported in code 40, Purchased Services. If the consultant's travel costs are paid separately, they should be reported in code 46, Travel Expenses. Workshop materials provided by your agency may be included in code 45, Supplies and Materials.